Buttevant are U14 A FC winners

Buttevant U14 winning team T. Stack

Buttevant U14 winning team
T. Stack



Buttevant were crowned Co U14 (A) FC winners at Ballinlough on Sunday evening when they had six points to spare over Canovee.

It was an entertaining game all through. The overall strength and balance of the Avondhu side proved decisive in the end. The game produced eight goals, four each. Buttevant opened well with points by Michael O’Neill and Kyle Trimm by the 3rd minute. Paddy Behan added a long range point and in the 9th minute Michael O’Neill with a long range effort made it 0-4 to 0-0. Odhran O’Driscoll (free) opened Canovee’s account in the 11th minute. The Muskerry side were denied a goal when Diarmuid Doody made a great save from Odhran O’Driscoll after 15 minutes play. Conor O’Hanlon pointed a free. Buttevant were doing well with Michael Walsh very solid at full back, Gavin Carey at midfield and Michael O’Neill impressing on the 40. Conor O’Neill pointed for Canovee with Kyle Trimm replying 0-6 to 0-2. Jack Kelleher followed with two points for Canovee by the 23rd minute. The first goal came two minutes later when Canovee captain Cian Cronin worked well with Odhran O’Driscoll who placed James Hennessy for a well taken goal that gave them the lead 1-4 to 0-6. Buttevant replied soon after when good combined play by Paddy Behan and Michael O’Neill led to a well executed goal by Kyle Trimm. The same player added another goal in the dying moments with Gavin Carey cutting through for a great point in injury time. At the break Buttevant led 2-7 to 2-4.

On the restart John Kelleher and Patrick Holmes exchanged a point. The winners keeper and captain Diarmuid Doody saved well from Odhran O’Driscoll. Michael O’Neill punched a Buttevant point opening up a four point lead. Kyle Bowles added a point with J. C Guiney putting Michael O’Neill through for a well taken goal 3-10 to 2-5. Canovee were quick to respond. Good play by Eoin Moynihan led to a fine point by John Kelleher with Odhran O’Driscoll following with a goal in the 44th minute 3-10 to 3-6. Canovee had their 4th goal soon after, it came when John Kelleher worked well for Ben Cheasty who netted and cut the lead to a single point 3-10 to 4-6. Buttevant rallied well. Their defence made some good interceptions and Michael O’Neill pointed a free with Patrick Holmes also pointing a free in the 50th minute 3-12 to 4- 6. Canovee battled very hard for an equalising goal. Eoin Moynihan was narrowly wide. At the other end Buttevant created a good movement involving Michael O’Neill, Gavin Carey and J C Guiney with Canovee keeper Jack O’Connor saving very well. Kyle Bowles had a Buttevant goal after a four man attack in the 54th minute that completed the scoring. In the dying moments Diarmuid Doody was again called upon to save well from Jack Kelleher. Time ran out and Buttevant were victorious. After the game Eoghan O’Connor Treasurer Rebel Og presented the cup to the winning captain Diarmuid Doody amid scenes of wild excitement amongst the large Buttevant following.

Scorers for Buttevant: Kyle Trimm 2-2, Michael O’Neill 1-4 (0-1f) Kyle Bowles 1-2, Patrick Holmes 0-2 (0-1f) Paddy Behan 0-1, Conor O’Hanlon 0-1f.

Canovee: Jack Kelleher 1-4, Odhran O’Driscoll 1-1 (0-1f) James Hennessy 1-0, Ben Cheasty 1-0, Conor O’Neill 0-1.


Diarmuid Doody (Capt) Paul O’Keeffe, Michael Walsh, Mark O’Connell, Nathan McAuliffe, Paddy Behan, Niall O’Riordan, David Keane, Gavin Carey, Kyle Bowles, Michael O’Neill, Kyle Trimm, Conor O’Hanlon, Pat Holmes, J C Guiney. Subs : Conrad Cremin for J C Guiney, Brian O’Connor for Patrick Holmes.


Jack O’Connor, Dylan Delaney, Ben Cheasty, Eoin McNabola, Cian Cronin (Capt) Brian McNabola, Conor O’Neill, Odhran O’Driscoll, James Downey, Tim O’Connor, Jack Kelleher, Gavin Walsh, Daniel Browne, Eoin Moynihan, James Hennessy. Subs : Tomas Og Twomey for Tim O’Connor, Colm McCarthy for Daniel Browne, Conor O’Riordan for Gavin Walsh.


Kevin Murphy (Nemo Rangers)